Whoop! It’s day one of Crock-tober Fest and I am pulling out a family favorite to start things off.
One of the challenges that I often find with crockpot cooking is that the recipes can get a bit unimaginative and all start tasting alike. But, this recipe, this recipe is different… and it makes mine (and the fam’s) taste buds very happy… I mean, when the kids are laying claim to the left overs for lunch the next day as they are cleaning up, I consider that a win!
I like to serve this over egg noodles and take a bit of the juice and thicken it for a sauce to put over the top! Add in a side of crusty bread and you’ve got a yummy easy dinner!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 cans of quartered artichoke hearts - partially drained
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP brown mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Place artichokes and onions in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top of onions and artichokes.
- Combine brown mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and white wine and pour on top of chicken.
- Add garlic cloves to crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.