Whoop! Crock-tober is going strong in our house… and my son told me the other day, I had done a bad thing… that I was starting off too strong with many yummy recipes and he was curious if I was going to be able to sustain it!
Well, this recipe did not disappoint! It’s not your typical crockpot recipe because it’s not a fix it and forget it recipe, but, I promise it’s worth it… and is great for those days when you know the evening is going to be a bit crazy or you just don’t want to have to be in the kitchen while the hubby and kids are hanging out playing the PlayStation… LOL!
I will share the recipe as fixed below, but honestly, I think next time, I am going to add a little sriracha sauce to the orange mixture…just because my family likes a bit of a kick and we did think it was a bit sweet.
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts - cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 red bell peppers cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized chunks
- Place the chopped chicken in the crockpot and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- After cooking for 2 hours, drain off liquid that has been released from the chicken.
- Add chopped vegetables and stir in gently
- Mix soy sauce, orange marmalade and barbecue sauce together.
- Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables while gently tossing to coat.
- Continue to cook on low for 2- 3 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Sauce will thicken and coat chicken as it cooks.